Thursday, June 12, 2014

The K'kree are coming.


First Blog.  I am an avid Traveller player/referee.  I own most of the different versions of Traveller, not Traveller 5 just yet.  We recently ended a 20+ year campaign after the party decided they had enough credits to finally retire.  It was somewhere in the excess of 40 million credits.  But that is a tale for another time.

  Over the past few decades I have managed to build up 100 K'kree figures, and I have decided to paint them.  I am not an expert painter.  These are the first pictures of my in progress pictures.  The scheme I will be using for the 100 is simple.  Per published Traveller books the K'kree have a mostly black fur.  So first I painted them flat black.  Then I used a dark flesh on their jackets with a regular flesh dry brushed to bring out the detail.  

The first group of 25 K'kree with flak jackets painted.


The same group with helmets and guns painted
    For the helmets I used a flat red.  I will be using a dark blue to give the black bodies some subtle highlighting.  I will post more pictures as more painting gets done.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. You've been a busy monkey.

    There's no way to subscribe to your page?

    Keith

    ReplyDelete